If you’re like most business owners, your business is more than just your livelihood–it’s the culmination of years spent dreaming and planning. It’s the end result of countless dollars, hours, and emotions you’ve spent to make that dream a reality.
With that in mind, it only makes sense to protect your business with the smartest security system on the market.
Do you really need business security?
Regardless of what type of service you provide, if you have a brick-and-mortar business, a well-rounded security system is not just something that would be nice to have–it’s essential.
Take a look at a few of the benefits that come from a business security system:
- Monitor customers and employees with video surveillance.
- Help prevent theft, vandalism, and other crimes.
- 24/7 monitoring to help ensure rapid police or fire response if an alarm is triggered.
- Minimize damage from fires or theft with alarms.
- Stay connected with your business via remote monitoring.
What do business security systems help protect against?
A business security system will help protect your business and revenue from a number of threats, including the following.
Although non-residential burglaries, such as an office or storefront, occur at approximately half the rate of home burglaries, the total value of stolen items is higher in businesses.
Business security systems with features like surveillance cameras, alarms, motion sensors, and 24/7 monitoring can not only be effective deterrents but can also help increase the chances of recovering stolen goods.
As the top source of inventory loss for retail establishments, shoplifting–even in small amounts–can have a massive impact on your bottom line. One survey of 21 retailers found the average shoplifting incident for all types of retailers was $50. That may sound small, but if you do the math it really adds up–just one incident a day adds up to a loss of $18,250 each year.
A security system for business that includes HD surveillance cameras can be an effective deterrent in preventing shoplifting, as well as identifying suspected shoplifters.
A single act of vandalism, whether it’s graffiti or destruction of property, costs businesses an average of $3,370. A security system that includes surveillance cameras, alarms, and 24/7 monitoring can help deter vandals and help authorities identify vandals.
Most businesses have areas that are restricted to the public or other employees. This could be a specific portion of your office, an area that houses dangerous equipment, or files with sensitive information, to name a few.
A security system equipped with a smart lock, cameras, and an alarm can help with access control to protect those areas, let you know who’s coming and going, and ensure only the people you approve can access your building.
Lawsuits are an unfortunate reality for any business, and a comprehensive security system can help provide proof if necessary. For example, a customer or employee may make a false accusation that can be disputed by your security camera footage.
All employers want to be able to trust their employees, but unfortunately, employee theft can be devastating for small businesses–an estimated 33% of all business bankruptcies are the result of employee theft. Not only that, but employee theft is responsible for an estimated 7% of annual revenue loss. Even more surprising, it often goes undetected for an average of two years.
An effective security system for business can help you monitor employee activity and cut down on theft.
It’s not just theft or damage that can put a business at risk for financial loss. Fires can be devastating for businesses large and small. According to the most recent data from FEMA, non-residential businesses experience a whopping $2.7 billion in losses a year as a result of fire.
Fire protection is an important part of a comprehensive security system for businesses. Companies should make sure their smoke alarms are connected to a 24/7 monitoring service that can quickly dispatch the fire department if an alarm goes off. A fast response can also help mitigate overall loss.
What businesses can Vivint protect?
Whether you own or operate a fitness center, a law firm, or your city’s trendiest boutique, Vivint provides security for the unique needs of a wide range of businesses, including:
When it comes to security, retail businesses should take note–not only are they consistently ranked the most likely to be targeted by burglaries, but they are also more susceptible to shoplifting, which can be particularly devastating to retailers; shoplifting accounts for more than 1/3 of all inventory shrinkage.
If you are in the retail business, protecting your inventory means protecting your bottom line. A Vivint system can help effectively monitor both customers and employees to help discourage and prosecute shoplifting while protecting against inventory loss.
• Professional services
Whether it’s legal, accounting, creative services, or consulting, whatever professional services your business offers, keeping documentation, client information, and equipment secure is a must.
With a Vivint system, you can ensure sensitive information is protected while ensuring employees are following your company’s best practices.
• Food and beverage
While inventory, cash, and pricey equipment are some of the main things that restaurant and bar owners need to protect, ensuring a safe, sanitary environment for patrons is also crucial to keep your business running. Vivint solutions can help provide a safe environment while ensuring your employees are following sanitation and food-handling guidelines.
• Health and wellness
If you have a gym, yoga studio, day spa, or any other business that provides wellness services, you know how valuable your equipment is. Healthcare providers, such as doctor offices or chiropractors, also have patient information they are required by law to protect.
• Automotive repair
Your clients trust you to keep their cars, motorcycles, and other automobiles safe while in your care. Make sure your shop is secure day and night with a system that includes HD surveillance cameras, burglary detection, access control via smart locks, and a monitored alarm system.
From raw goods to processes to intellectual property, manufacturing and industrial businesses rely on efficiency and security to run properly. An alarm system and access control can help protect your inventory and machinery. Surveillance cameras can also give you a closer look at operations on the floor, helping identify potential bottlenecks or processes that could be improved.
Creating a custom business security system with Vivint
Each business is unique. That’s why we customize your security system to fit your business’ needs. Take a look at some of the smart technology Vivint provides to help protect your business.
- Surveillance cameras. Keep eyes on your business, people, and property inside and out with commercial security cameras that provide clear footage day or night.
- Burglary detection. Glass break sensors, motion detectors, and door and window sensors ensure every major entry point to your business is protected. When one is breached, an alarm will sound and Vivint’s 24/7 monitoring center will contact the police on your behalf.
- Alarm system. For businesses, a loud alarm is a must. If any access points are breached, not only will an alarm sound to scare away potential intruders, but you’ll immediately be notified via your smartphone.
- Fire protection. Smoke detectors that detect intense heat, as well as smoke, can help sound the alarm faster, giving your employees and customers valuable time to get to safety.
- Professional installation. Your security system needs to operate flawlessly in order to properly protect your business. Don’t chance it with DIY. Vivint systems include professional installation from Smart Home technicians who will provide recommendations on the best product placement, ensure your system is up and running, and show you how to operate its features.
- 24/7 monitoring. As a business owner, you’re probably used to doing a lot of things at once. But some things–like the security of your business–need undivided attention day and night. Vivint security systems include 24/7 monitoring, so your business is monitored around the clock. And if an alarm does go off, they’ll contact the proper authorities for you.
Protect your business with Vivint today
With the amount of money, effort, and time you put into building your business, protecting your investment and livelihood–as well as that of your employees–is a must.
A custom security system from Vivint will help you keep your business secure around the clock. Let us help you protect what you’ve worked hard to build. Contact our Smart Home Pros today at 800-598-5228 for a free quote.