Vivint Smart Home
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Vivint Cost?
- Vivint Security monitoring packages start at $19.99 per month depending on your choice of security equipment.
- Call us at 800-598-5228 for a free quote. Our attentive Vivint sales reps can customize a system unique to your needs and give you exact pricing in just a few short minutes!
Did You Move Into a Home With a Vivint System?
Here are your next steps to get your panel activated:
1. Call us! We will confirm whether the system is currently active and walk you through any other equipment in the home. 800-598-5228- press 1 for new accounts.
2. We will then schedule a call between you and an activation specialist to make sure your system is up-to-date and working correctly, all over the phone.
3. Make sure to ask about any additional equipment you may want to include in your home.
4. Start enjoying your new Vivint system with no contract at a locked monthly price!
How Do I Qualify for the Vivint Referral Program?
- Share your love of Vivint Security with friends and family.
- Once a friend or family member uses your referral code to purchase their own Vivint system, you will both be credited with rewards!
- Don’t have a referral code from your friend or family member? Call us at 800-598-5228 with their address and phone number so we can apply rewards to both accounts!
What Is a Smart Doorbell?
- The Vivint Smart Doorbell Camera allows you to keep an eye on your front porch, whether you’re home or not.
- Anytime someone enters your pre-determined site range of the camera, you will receive an immediate picture of that person on your phone, whether they ring the doorbell or not.
- You can access your Doorbell Camera through the Vivint app on your smart phone to see and speak to any visitors at your doorstep.
Does Vivint Require a Credit Check?
- No! There are many different purchase options for new customers.
- Call us at 800-598-5228 to speak with a Vivint sales rep about which payment option works best for you.
What is a Vivint Smart Door Lock?
The Vivint Smart Door Lock gives you different ways to lock and unlock your door safely and securely:
- Just like any front door, you can use your key!
- The Smart Door Lock also includes a keypad above the keyhole that requires a four-digit code to unlock the door. Just press the lock button on the keypad when you are leaving the home, and your door will lock from the inside.
- Use the Vivint Smart Home App to remotely lock and unlock your door! You can also monitor people going in and out of your home.
Is Vivint Better than ADT?
- Vivint Home Security provides customers with high quality equipment, friendly customer service, and peace of mind that ADT can’t beat!
- Check out this article for some of the ways Vivint sets itself apart from ADT.
Is Vivint Better than Simplisafe?
- At Vivint, we take care of our customers by providing professional installation, no yearly hidden service fees, and monitoring by Vivint professionals.
- Simplisafe suggests you hire your own qualified professional for installation, requires an annual service fee, and uses an independent, third-party contractor for your system monitoring.
Does Vivint Security Require a Phone Line?
- The Vivint Security System is built off a wireless cellular connection, no phone line needed!
What is Vivint?
- Vivint is a top of the line, convenient and affordable home security and automation system.
- We customize a package of home security that is unique to you and your home.
What is the Vivint App?
- The Vivint App allows you to control your security system while you are at home or away to bring you convenience and safety.
- You can control your Vivint Smart Door Lock, view your cameras in real-time, and adjust your thermostat all on one cohesive platform.
What is the Vivint Smart Hub?
- The Vivint Smart Hub is the LCD touch screen central control panel of your Vivint security and automation system.
- It contains a two-way voice and emergency call button with the capability to talk with our professional monitoring team 24/7 in case of an emergency.
Does Vivint Require a Contract?
- No! Vivint does not require a contract when you pay for your security equipment upfront. You’ll only have to pay for monitoring each month.
How long is a Vivint contract?
- Vivint contract lengths vary based on equipment financing.
- Our minimal contract length is month to month.
- Vivint customers receive benefits for maintaining a contract term, such as discounted equipment upgrades, price lock guarantees, and in-home warranty service.
Is there an Installation fee for Vivint?
- Vivint often has free installation promotions available!
- We also offer “self-install” packages made for simple customer installation
- Call 800-598-5228 for more information on our professional installation.
What are Smart Home Pros?
- Vivint Smart Home Pros are a team of highly qualified home security experts here to help build the best security system for your home, professionally install your Vivint system, and monitor your home 24/7.
- Call 800-598-5228 to talk with one of our Smart Home Pros today!
If my power goes out, will my Vivint system still work?
- All Vivint systems are equipped with a backup battery in the case of a power outage.
- If you live in an area where loss of power is common, Vivint offers an extended backup battery for power outages longer than 48 hours.
What is a Vivint Smart Home?
- A Vivint Smart Home is the perfect combination of security and home automation, here to make your daily life more convenient and safe.
- Vivint is unique in that we provide our customers with top of the line security for peace of mind.
- We give our customers the ability to control every facet of their smart home through a streamlined app on their phone, combining security and efficiency in one package.
Will Vivint work without WiFi?
- Yes, our security system is built off a wireless cellular connection, so you won’t need WiFi or a phone line!
Can Vivint use my existing security equipment?
- Vivint can connect with many different types of security equipment currently on the market, including wired systems.
- It is partially based on the quality of the previous installation and equipment we would need to connect to.
- Please call 800-598-5228 to talk with a professional representative about your current situation.
Can a Vivint panel issue weather alerts?
- The Vivint Smart Hub has the capability to issue weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
- Whenever there is an extreme weather alert in your area, the Vivint Smart Hub will beep and describe the inclement weather to give you time to prepare accordingly!
Is Vivint worth the money?
- Vivint Home Security offers the highest rated equipment on the market.
- Our goal is to keep you and your family protected with dependable equipment and professional monitoring.
Is Vivint better than FrontPoint?
- At Vivint, we provide our customers with professional installation, top of the line equipment, and a lifelong warranty for our loyal customers.
- FrontPoint requires self-installation and only offers a 2-year warranty on their equipment.
Does Vivint Equipment come with a warranty?
- Our loyal customers receive a life-time warranty on their Vivint equipment.